Saturday, July 30, 2016

4.6.8.

What you likely don't know...

This is my 468th blog post.  The hilarity of it all is this is only the second published post.  There have been many posts reverted to draft, and I am perfectly okay with that.

Just as there are seasons in life, there have been seasons of this blog that have been real, raw, vulnerable and never published, merely documentation for reflection's sake.  There have been seasons of hardcore follower building, intense social networking, and ridiculously linked up posts.  The finale was a season of obligatory posts where an eye roll would accompany the reluctant push of the publish button.  Then came the break.

The break is where real life picked up a snowball-down-a-mountain-type pace forcing any type of blog post to fall from my radar completely. Two years later, and I am being beckoned back.  Yet, not in the manner one would expect. Not for internet friendships.  Not for any type of recognition.  Not for followers, comments, or social networking.

Back to basics. That's what I've got to get to.  Those real, raw, vulnerable posts - they were never created to be enjoyed, analyzed, critiqued by a follower or someone who appreciated my branding.  No.  They were written with cares only for an audience of one.  More times than not, what began as a moment of silent exposure morphed into a moment of encounter, healing, and intimacy.  And that was the basics.

Now, here we are, encroaching upon the eighth month of the year where my One Word is authentic, and authentic intimacy is calling loudly.

From authentic intimacy will flow authentic vulnerability.  And, from authentic vulnerability will flow my authentic voice.







1 comment:

  1. #1 - I can't begin to tell you how happy I am to see you back to blogging.
    #2 - I love this raw authentic voice of yours!

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete